Use Ganttic’s Reports to make a daily call sheet for your resources. Providing a clear list for who is available on that specific day and what area they can cover. With it, project managers and team leaders can easily communicate with other team members, ensure everyone is on the same page, and quickly mobilize resources at a moment’s notice.
What’s a Resource Call Sheet?
A resource call sheet is a valuable tool that can be used in a variety of industries - anything from film and TV, production, event planning, construction, and more.
Its main use is to help manage resources, personnel, and equipment during a project or event. That’s why a typical call sheet includes contact information for all team members, details about their roles and responsibilities, as well as information about any equipment or materials needed for the project.
Creating a Resource Call Sheet with Reports
A call sheet can differ widely depending on the industry and setting. Here we’ll take you through the steps of a basic call sheet which can be tailored to your exact needs and requirements.
- Open the Report List.
- Click to add a New Report from the Toolbar.
- Select Report
- In the Report type choose a Resource Report.
- Give your Report a name. We used Call Sheet.
- Decide if you want to include or exclude Time Off. Since Time Off affects Busy Time, we recommend leaving it in.
- Click Exclude in the Archived projects column.
- Drag relevant Resource Data to the Details/ Data Table. In our call sheet we included: Resource name, Phone, Status, and Primary Skill Data Fields, and Available Time.
- Hit Save.
- Your Report will be generated.
- The default time period for all Reports is the Current Week to Next Week. If you want a daily Call Sheet, change this in the Report Toolbar.
Sharing the Resource Call Sheet
Once you’ve created your call sheet, here’s a few ways you can share and distribute it to the right people.
Download as PDF or CSV
As with any Report you create in Ganttic, it’s easy to download as the file of your choice.
From the Report toolbar decide whether you want it downloaded as a CSV or PDF file. Click and it will download automatically.
A Report can also be printed directly from your planner. Click the printer symbol to the right. From here a Print Dialog will open. Adjust your settings and print to your specifications.
Send Out Automatically
Your Call Sheet can also be emailed to relevant team members at a set time. Select Reporting Automation from the Report Toolbar. Select the Frequency: either Weekly or Monthly. And choose the day it goes out. Don’t forget to set the time zone and what format you want it sent in.
Then enter the email address or addresses of those you’d like to send the report. These can be other Ganttic users and even non-users.
Tip! If you want a fresh daily Call Sheet, Select Weekly and toggle each day of the week in Frequency.
A resource call sheet can help streamline project management, increase efficiency, and improve communication among team members. Read more about managing skills in our detailed whitepaper. Or see how to match relevant skills to specific projects.