In Ganttic, account Owners are the only user type with access to the Account page. Meaning they are the only ones able to make changes to billing information or upgrade, downgrade or remove accounts. But what happens if your account’s Owner is leaving your organization? Here’s a guide to changing your account’s Owner or simply adding more to the mix.
- The very last Owner of the account is not able to leave until another Owner is assigned.
- Only Owners can access the Account page.
- Only Owners can add new Owners or make an existing Admin to an Owner.
- Each account can have an unlimited number of Owners.
Users in Ganttic
For every Ganttic account, there’s 3 types of users to choose from:
- Owner - those with access to everything in the planner, including the Account page. Only Owners can add other Owners and Admins. They can make other Users into Owners as well.
- Admin - those with access to all planning functionality, but not to the Account page. Admins can add new Users and Admins. Or make a User an Admin.
- User - those whose specific Rights for viewing and editing the planner must be granted.
In your own account, the number of Owners, Admins, or regular Users is up to you. There’s no limit on the number of users, nor is there a limit on how many people can fulfill each role. The number of Users doesn't affect the cost of using Ganttic.
Changing Account Owner
If the original Owner of your Ganttic account is planning on leaving your organization, the easiest solution is for them (or any other Owner) to designate another Owner from your User List.
The other option is to add a new Owner to the account. This has to be done before leaving the account, or else the very last Owner will not be able to leave the account. Both options ensure that someone will have access to the Your Account page.
Switching an Existing User to an Owner
- Open the Users section. You can find it on the left Sidebar near the bottom.
- Select a User by clicking on the name. This will open the User Data section.
- Change the User Type.
- Hit Save when done.
Adding a New Owner
- Open the Users section. You can find it on the left Sidebar near the bottom. The User List will open.
- At the top of the List, click on Add new. The User data section will open.
- Fill in the details about the User.
- Select User type. Owners can add any other user type, including other Owners. Admins may only add other Admins or Users.
What To Do If All Current Owners Leave Your Organization
If all your account Owners leave your organization and there’s no way to get in touch with them in order to make a new Owner or switch an existing User, then reach out to Ganttic’s support team: firstname.lastname@example.org.