With Ganttic’s automatic reporting option, it’s simple to bypass one of the least likable parts of project resource planning. See how to set up Reports that can be updated and sent automatically to anyone that needs to see them via email. Even if they aren't a Ganttic user!
- Owners and Administrators can activate Report automation for all Public, Shared and Private Reports they created for personal use.
- Only Owners and Administrators can set up the automation so that the automatic Reports are sent to others (any email or Ganttic user).
- Users can set up the automation so that the updated Reports are sent only to themselves.
- Users can set up Report automation for Reports they have access to (private, shared or public Reports). General Change report settings Report permissions are required to access the automation options. To create private Reports for personal use, general Create and edit private reports Report permissions are required.
- The Report will be automatically updated and sent out to selected emails/Ganttic Users in specified time intervals, dates and times.
- Automatic Reports can be sent out in CSV, PDF or HTML formats.
- Create a new Custom Report or open an existing one from the Report List.
- Make sure you have applied a default Report period via the Time Period section. The automated Report's data will be updated based on the selected period and then sent out to recipients.
- Click on Reporting automation from the Report's toolbar.
- Set the Frequency (weekly, monthly). Specify the days.
- Set Time and Time zone. The timezone doesn't have to be the same as yours but you can only choose one for each Report.
- Choose the Export format. You can choose between HTML, CSV, and PDF.
- Insert an email address you'd like to send the Report to. Click on the + icon to add it to the distribution list. Add as many emails you need. Recipients will receive a confirmation email. The invitation has to be accepted. You can add yourself as a recipient as well!
NB! Reports can be sent to Ganttic users or even non-users.
- Activate the Report automation by toggling the On/Off switch.
- Click Save to confirm.
Automatic reports are a great way to keep everyone in the loop with plans. Whether you need to communicate with the board, stakeholders, or clients - rest assured that you’ll be able to get that Report in front of the right set of eyes. With minimal effort on your part!
Learn more about crafting the perfect resource report with some tips here. And make the necessary tweaks by reading more about creating Reports, filtering, export & print options, Report permissions and Charts.