With Report Permissions, it’s possible to specify exactly which users have access to the Reports you create. Giving you full control over how to collaborate. Learn how!
- Only Owners and Admins can change the Report Permissions.
- Every Report has three modes: Private, Public and Selected Users.
- When creating a new Custom Report, it is Private by default. No one else may see or access it.
- In order to bring others in on your Custom Reports, change the Report’s permissions to Public or Selected Users.
- In addition to the permissions that are specific to this Report only, it’s possible to apply account level Report permissions for each User.
- Public Reports and those shared with Select Users can be Locked. This prevents other Users from making permanent changes to the Report via the Toolbar features (Filtering, changing the Time period, automation, etc.)
Applying Report-specific Permissions
- Open a Report. You’ll find the Report List at the sheet icon on the left Sidebar.
- Click on the Private Report Permission icon on top right. This will open the permissions dialog.
- Select a Report type.
- Private - Only the Report creator can see, edit, and manage Reports in private mode.
- Public - Here the Report is accessible to all Users.
- Selected users - The Report is private except to the user you select.
- If you don't want them to make any changes to the Report (for Public and Selected Users types) then lock the Report settings. You can find the option on the right.
- Hit Save when finished.
Sharing the Report with Selected Users
- Choose the Select users option. This will open the User Access section.
NB! If you don't want the Users to have the option to change Report settings (Filtering, Time Period, Automation) then apply the Lock report settings option. If you choose not to lock the Report settings, the users can't permanently overwrite the Report settings you have chosen, but they can make changes for themselves. Meaning the settings won’t be changed for everyone.
- Select one or more Users and click Select. You will be forwarded back to the Report permissions dialog.
- Click on Save to apply the permissions.
- Edit the permissions by following the same workflow. Or remove Users with access by hitting X next to their name.
Learn about creating Reports, filtering, export & print options, Report automation and Charts.