Ganttic’s bulk Import Template makes the job of migrating Projects from one system to the Resource Planner quick and painless. With the CSV Template, you can transfer all your Projects and Project Data Fields to Ganttic. See how!
- Only Admins and Owners can use the Data Import option.
- If a Project already exists in Ganttic with the title you enter to the import, the data will be overwritten with the data from the import.
- Project Data Field values can be imported in bulk along with the Projects.
- Project Data Fields must be created in Ganttic before downloading the CSV Template, if you choose to import Data Field values.
- Importing Project Data Field values can be done in the initial upload or later. Importing Data Field values will overwrite any Data Fields values already in the planner.
- If the column title in the CSV Template doesn't match the Project Data Field title in Ganttic, the import is canceled.
- There are 3 import templates to choose from, depending what you need to import or update: Tasks, Resources, or Projects. Import separately, or manually combine them to upload them all at once.
Before You Begin
Create Data Fields in Ganttic
If you want to import Project Data Field values, then make sure the fields are created in Ganttic first. Otherwise, the columns with titles/headers will not show up in the CSV Template.
Importing Project Data
- Click on the + icon at the top left and select Import - found at the bottom of the drop-down list.
The Data Import section will open.
- Select a Project Template.
- Hit Download template
- Open the template in Excel or Google Sheets. Make sure this is done via a new sheet, then File > Import.
- On the template, you’ll see Project title columns labeled Proj_Title. Fill in the cells below with your Project data.
NB! If a Project already exists in Ganttic with the title you enter to the import, the data will be overwritten with the data from the import.
- After you’re done adding the data into the Template, make sure to save it as a CSV file. (File > Save As > CSV).
Importing Project Data Field Values
Project Data Fields have to be created in Ganttic before downloading the Template. This means you can bulk import Projects and Project Data Field values together.
- To import Project Data Field values, click the add custom data field columns box from the Data Import template. Do this while uploading Projects or later if you wish.
NB! It is not possible to import Link or User type Data Fields.
- On the Template you’ll see columns labeled Proj_N_Data(Title of the Data Field). Fill in the cells below with your Data Field values. All the column Data Field titles are case-sensitive.
- Save as CSV when finished, (File > Save As > CSV).
NB! Importing Project Data Field values will overwrite any Data Field values already in the planner.
Example of importing Projects and some Project Data Field values:
Uploading the CSV File
If you're done filling in your data, save the file in CSV format (with UTF-8 character encoding) and head back to Ganttic's Data Import section.
- Select the CSV separator. This is the symbol used to separate column values in plain text format. Make sure it matches the separator used in the CSV Template.
- Click on Browse to select your CSV file. Make sure the data is formatted correctly, otherwise the import won't start.
- Click on Import data. Your data will be imported.
You can also bulk import Resources and Tasks. As well as their Data Field values. Find out how to get all your data into Ganttic quickly and with less fuss.