In Ganttic, you can configure any SSO (single sign-on) provider that utilizes the SAML 2.0 protocol. SAML 2.0 (Security Assertion Markup Language) allows a user to authenticate in a system and gain access to another system by providing proof of their authentication. In this article we will look at the SAML 2.0 configuration that has to be applied on Ganttic's side, in order to connect your SAML 2.0 SSO provider.
- Only Owners and Admins can configure the SSO settings.
- The SSO provider you want to connect Ganttic with must support the SAML 2.0 protocol.
- In order to use a custom SAML 2.0 SSO option with Ganttic you have to create your organization's unique Ganttic subdomain.
- From Ganttic you can download the SAML 2.0 manifest that contains the redirect link you need to insert to your SSO provider's corresponding section. This will make sure that you're directed to Ganttic after signing in via your unique Ganttic subdomain.
- SAML 2.0 SSO is available with PRO accounts only and is optional.
Set Up a Custom SAML 2.0 SSO provider
- Create an Account Subdomain. This can be done from Settings > Account. Find Ganttic's General Settings at the bottom of the left Sidebar with this icon.
NB! Subdomains are necessary to link SAML 2.0 Single Sign-On (SSO) providers with Ganttic, but you can also use them for customizing your planner. Account subdomains can be used to manage different organization units that are spanned across separate Ganttic accounts (f.e. Ganttic-Europe.ganttic.com, Ganttic-Americas.ganttic.com etc).
- In Ganttic, go to Settings > SSO and select SAML 2.0
- Click on Download SAML manifest. This file contains all the information needed to configure the connection on your SSO/identity provider's side.
- Fill out the Identity provider fields as follows:
- Issuer URL: https://planner.ganttic.com
- X.509 Certificate: Get it from your identity provider's SSO settings section
- SAML 2.0 Endpoint (HTTP): Get it from your identity provider's SSO settings section
- Click on Save SSO settings and save the settings in your SSO/identity provider's SSO section
- Go to your subdomain and click on the Sign in with SAML 2.0 icon.
NB! You have to be signed in to your SSO/identity provider's application. If you aren't then you will be prompted to do so on the go.
Read about the benefits SSO has on your project management.