Project History Logs give an unalterable overview of everything done to your Projects in Ganttic. Check in on your past or present Projects and ensure that nothing is amiss. Discover how to use the Project History Log.
- All Owners and Admins have access to Project History. Private Projects' History can only be accessed by those who created the private Projects.
- For other Users, the History Log of public or shared Projects is accessible.
- The History logs cannot be altered, so you have full access to what may have happened when you weren’t looking.
- History logs aren't available for reporting.
- Project history is also visible in the Account History Log. This is only accessible to Owners and Admins.
Using Project History Log
- Open a Single Project View, then click Project History from the View's toolbar.
Or from the Project List, click on the name of a Project.
- The Project Edit Dialog will open. From here click on Project History.
- The Project History Log will open to show the entire History of that Project. From the date it was created, which Tasks were added/deleted, when colors were updated, and more.
- Use the Fields at the top of the list to find a specific timeframe, item, action, user etc.
- Click on the Field Titles to sort the columns by A-Z or Z-A. The up- or down-arrow will indicate which option is applied.
- Click on the back-arrow on top left to return to the main Project Edit Dialog.
Project History Log in Action
You can also see when other project managers make changes to the Project's resource plan. This ensures that changes aren’t applied twice and everyone has the same information going forward.
Helps Future Planning
If you want to take the most out of your resource scheduling tool, check the history before making a new resource plan. You can see how many times the Project Milestones were postponed or pushed forward. Helping you optimize accordingly.
History Logs are also available for Users, Tasks, and Resources. Admins also have access to the Account History Log - a rundown of every action done in your Ganttic planner. See some tips for use and benefits of Ganttic’s History Logs.