In Ganttic, the Resource History Log gives users a rundown of all changes, updates, and actions done to Resources. Stay in the know if anyone on your team changes to the planner’s Resources and learn how to utilize the Resource History Log.
- All Owners and Admins can access the Resource History Log. Users can access the History Log of any Resource visible to them.
- The Resource history cannot be altered or deleted.
- You can search for a specific date range, user, event, item, action etc.
- Use the Resource History Log to restore deleted Tasks that were once assigned to that Resource.
- This feature is available across Tasks, Projects, and Resources. On top of that, there is also an Account History Log that consolidates all the items' histories in one place.
Using the Resource History Log
- Click on the name of a Resource. Do this from the Resource List, a Single Project View, or a Custom View.
- The Resource Edit Dialog will open. From here click on Resource History.
- The Resource History Log will open. This will show the entire History of that particular Resource. From the date it was created, which Tasks were added/deleted, if the Resource was updated, and more.
- Find a specific action, user, event, item, etc. using the field headers at the top of the Log. Click and select a value from the drop-down or type in the action Description criteria manually.
- Click on the Field Headers to sort any column by A-Z or Z-A. The up- or down-arrow will indicate which option is applied.
- Click on the back-arrow to navigate back to the main Resource Edit Dialog.
Resource History Log in Action
From the Resource History Log, it’s possible to make some deleted items active again.
Restoring Deleted Resource Tasks
If a Task was assigned to a Resource, but has since been deleted, you can bring back the deleted Task from the Resource History Log.
- In the Status drop-down, select Deleted. All deleted Tasks assigned to the Resource will be displayed within the selected time period.
Tip: You can also search via the Object section for Task, if that makes it easier.
- Click the ellipsis (three-dot icon) to the left of the Deleted Task.
- Hit Restore task.
- Reload the app to see the restored items in your planner.
History Logs are also available for Users, Tasks, and Projects. There is also an Account History Log which gives a rundown of every action done in your Ganttic planner. See all the benefits of Ganttic’s History Logs.