In Ganttic, Views are where you can create resource plans. Each View you add contains different user-selected presets - making it easier to control the amount of data you’re working with and how you prefer to do your resourcing. Discover how to add a new Custom View to start planning your way.
- All Owners, Admins and Users with Create and edit private Views rights can add Custom Views.
- All newly created Views are private by default and remain so unless made public or shared with selected users.
- Public Views are visible to everyone.
- Enabling Lock view settings for public Custom Views will make sure that no User is able to edit its settings (Title, Grouping, Sorting, Coloring, Filtering, Time Period, Visibility Settings).
- In addition to Custom Views, Single Project Views allow users to dive into Project specifics from different angles.
- Access Custom Views from the Custom View List. Owners and Admins can see listed all the account's Custom Views. Users can only see the ones that are public or shared with them or public Custom Views only, depending on the View permissions.
Create a Custom View
- Click on the + icon in the left Sidebar. This will open the drop-down menu.
- Select View from the list.
- A new View will be opened in a separate tab with the View Settings section opened.
Give it a name.
- Click Save upon completion. The View Settings will be closed and you’ll be left with your View.
Tip! Reopen these Settings by clicking the hamburger menu next to View on the top left.
- Set desired parameters. You can edit the Grouping, Sorting, Coloring, Filters, Time Period and Visibility Settings. Mix and match to create the ideal Custom View.
- To apply a feature click on Apply to see your selection temporarily or Apply and Save to make it permanent.
NB! To wipe all parameters and start the View from scratch, open the View settings and hit Revert view.
- Decide on the Custom View’s permissions or create an Open-Access URL View that can easily be shared.
- See your Custom View at any time by clicking the View icon on the left Sidebar. This will open the list of all Views created in your Ganttic account.
From the View List Owners and Admins can see all the account's Custom Views. Users can only see listed the ones that are public or shared with them or public ones only, depending on their . Click the View icon in the left Sidebar to open the View List.
Opening a View
Click anywhere on the row to open an individual View. Check the box next to the name and hit Open in the top toolbar to open multiple Views at once.
Deleting a View
Check the box next to the name and hit Delete in the top toolbar. Delete one or multiple Views. Owners and Admins can delete any View here.
Adding a View
New Views can also be added from the View List. Just click Add new in the top toolbar and follow the workflow described above.
Sorting and Organizing the View List
Clicking on the column titles to sort by Type (private or shared), Name, Grouping, Coloring, Filters or Period. Reverse that sorting option by clicking again.
Sharing Custom Views
All Custom Views are private by default, but can be easily shared with other Users or even non-Users. There’s 2 options for sharing:
- Changing the Custom View’s permissions. Switch the View to public or choose selected Users who may access it. A simple copy-paste of the View’s URL makes for an easy sharing option amongst other Ganttic Users.
- Creating an Open Access URL. This generates a URL with an expiration date. Share the View with Users, non-Users, or Users who aren’t currently logged in.
Start crafting your perfect Custom View by learning more about the different parameters that can be added: Grouping, Sorting, Coloring, Filtering, Time Period, Visibility Settings.