Filtering is a way to quickly find and hone in on specific data in your Ganttic planner. Use it to eliminate some of the extra noise - and focus on only what’s relevant to the schedule or workflow. Create and save Views with curated data sets that you filter out. See how!
- All Owners, Admins and Users with “Change view settings” Custom View rights can use this feature.
- Use Filtering for Project, Tasks, and Resource names, Data Field values, as well as Resource availability and load.
- There's 3 ways to apply Filters. You can do a direct search, use the label system, or via Resources’ load. These can be used on their own or in different combinations.
- Decide if the filtered data is included in the View or excluded. Or mix and match.
- Filtering is View-specific. Use different Filters with different Custom and Single Project Views.
Kinds of Filters
There’s 3 ways to add a Filter.
The first option is through the search field. Type in the name of your Project, Resource, or Task. You can also search Data Field values. Select the Filter from the search results - either all values with the searched term or just the specific term. Also choose whether it is included or excluded from the View using the Is/Is not field.
The second option is with Data Field labels. Choose the data set - either Task, Project, or Resources. After selecting the Data Field, you can choose from its values. Decide whether the data is included or excluded from the View using the Is/Is not field.
The third option is Resource load. Select the parameter (Utilization %, Busy time, or Available time), choose the condition (smaller than, equal to, larger than, etc), then input a numerical value and click on Add. Only the Resources with your chosen criteria will be displayed.
Adding a New Filter
- Open either a Single Project View or a Custom View.
At the top, click on the Filter icon. This will open the Filtering section.
- Start searching for the item you want filtered in the search field. Or click the button Add new filter, this will open the different Filtering options.
- Search for a specific value (Project, Resource, or Task names and Data Field values), choose a data field data set and its values, or filter resources by their workload.
- Choose whether it is included or excluded from the View using the Is/Is not field. Or mix and match.
- Your selections will appear at the top. Multiple values can be selected.
Click New filter to add more at any time.
Tip! You can return to the previous section by clicking the last sequence in the workflow.
- Hit Apply to temporarily see the filtered data. Or Apply and Save to make these Filters permanent for this specific View.
- Your View will contain only the Filtered data. The Filtering icon in the toolbar will display how many Filter values have been applied to the specific View.
Remove a Filter by clicking on the X beside it. If you want to remove multiple Filters at once, click on Clear all.
Filtering is also available for Custom Reports. See some tips on how to make your reporting even better.