Whether you're unsure when a Task was modified or you’re on the search for a missing job, with Time Machine you can do just that! This feature allows you to rewind to specific points in your planner's history and revert changes if necessary. Plus, you can now easily visualize your planner's Task History Log.
- Time Machine is available for all Owners and Admins.
- Users with Resource add/edit tasks rights also can use this feature.
- By selecting a specific point in time, you can compare your planner's current state to how it looked at an earlier moment.
- To rewind to a specific point in time using Time Machine, simply select an earlier date and time that you want to view from your planner's Task History Log.
- If you want to see what happened to archived Resources’ Tasks, you'll need to unarchive them first.
- Used Time is displayed in the Restore Task dialog box as it is at that particular moment, so restoring a task won't affect it at the moment. This will be changed in future updates.
- Task dependencies are also currently not loaded when going back in time. This will be changed later too in further updates.
- Recurring tasks are loaded, but restoring them is currently disabled.
Using Time Machine
- Click on the Go back in time button from the Custom View or Single Project View toolbar.
- The Time Machine Dialog will open. The current time will be displayed.
- Select now an earlier time and date that you would like to rewind to in the past. Then click Apply. This will allow you to view your planner as it appeared at that specific moment, giving you the ability to make any changes or adjustments that you need to restore it to that state.
- If you find from the past a Task that you wish to restore click on the taskbar you wish to restore. The Task Edit Dialog with the historical data will open. If you wish to revert back to this state, then click on the Restore button.
- To finalize the Deleted Task's restoration, click on the above Go Back in Time button and then Reset to now button!
Ganttic's Time Machine feature is still in its early stages, and we're continuously working to develop and improve it. We appreciate any feedback that you may have about your experience using this feature, as it will help us make it even better in the future. Let us know your thoughts by contacting our support team or leaving a comment on our Helpdesk page at https://help.ganttic.com/hc/en-us