In Ganttic, Views offer you different ways to create Resource plans and see your data. For each View you create, you can choose exactly what elements are displayed via that View’s Visibility Settings. Discover how to customize each View to make them even more unique and suited for your planning style.
- All Owners and Admins can adjust the Visibility Settings for public and shared Views. Users with Change View settings permissions may as well.
- These settings can be adjusted for each independent View separately you create and are specific just for that View.
- Some options must first be enabled globally via general General Settings. In each View, you can choose whether or not they are displayed.
- There are slight differences between the Visibility Settings in Single Project Views and Custom Views.
Adjusting the Visibility Settings for a View
- Open a View from the View List.
- Open the Visibility Settings for the View's toolbar. The Visibility Settings dialog will open.
- The dialog will appear as such:
- Select the Chart row height.
This will affect the height of the Resources' horizontal timelines on the Gantt chart. Compact is thinner, while with a Medium height, Resource Data Field values are visible below the Resource names.
- Check whether you’d like the View to display Tasks associated with Archived Projects or leave them out. There’s no indication whether the Tasks are Archived or not.
- Check whether the Unassigned Tasks section is displayed or not. If this isn’t checked, the section with all Unassigned Tasks will be hidden for this View.
- Next, choose whether you like Task dependencies displayed or not.
NB! Ensure that General Settings > Task dependencies are enabled.
- Decide what Taskbars look like when a Filter is applied. In Ganttic, Filtering means only relevant data is visible per View. Here you can choose what the Taskbars look like when they don’t meet Filtering criteria.
- Show placeholders with data - the default. See irrelevant Resources and grayed out Tasks (placeholders) with information.
- Show placeholders - only see grayed out placeholder Tasks with no data.
- Hide placeholders - hide irrelevant Tasks completely from the View.
- Choose which Resource availability option you’d like displayed. There’s different counter options for tracking the Resources’ loads. Only one can be applied at a time for each Custom View. All of these availability counters are displayed next to the Resource’s name.
- Show utilization % - displays Resources’ load for the visible time period in percentages.
- Show available time - displays Resources’ available business hours for the visible time period.
- Show busy time - displays Resources’ scheduled business hours for the visible time period.
- Hide - this option will hide all the Resources' availability information entirely.
- Choose to display Resource Utilization Graphs and the Resource Group Utilization Graphs. The Group Utilization Graph is displayed on the same row of the Resource Group’s name.
The Resource Utilization graph is above the Taskbars. They change color in accordance with the scheduled load.
NB! Ensure these are first enabled via the General Settings > Utilization.
- To apply any of the visibility parameters to the View permanently make sure to click on Apply and Save. Using the Apply option will apply the settings but they will be lost after next login or reload.
Step up your project resource management game with some more tips on visual planning.