In Ganttic, all Views display data in a visible time period. Use the calendar header to take you to the right spot in your plans. Whether you want to check in on what’s to come or remind yourself of some past Projects and Tasks, this feature will help you get there. See how!
- Timeline navigation options can be used for a better overview or a new POV. The options you have applied on the calendar header or on the top left calendars cannot be saved for the Views as they are for ongoing navigation only.
- Use the Time Period feature to set a default shifting visible time period to your Views.
- All Owners, Admins can use this feature at all times. Users can use the calendar header's navigation options with Public or Shared Views, or with Open-Access URL Views with "Lock timeline option" disabled.
- Each time unit on the calendar header (day, week, month, year) is clickable to zoom in or out. The calendar header is also scrollable (left-right and vice versa) on all levels (year, month, week, day).
Navigate on the Timeline
- Start by opening a Custom or Single Project View.
- The calendar header for that View is located at the top of the Gantt chart. Every time unit (year, month, week, day) is clickable (zoom in-out) and scrollable (left-right and vice versa).
- Set the visible time frame by clicking the dates on the top left calendars. Click on the left calendar to set a view start date, on the right calendar to select an end date.
- Click the year at the top to zoom out for a 12 month view. Click the arrows or scroll left or right to travel backwards or forwards.
In the Gantt chart below, you'll also see all the Tasks planned for that year.
- If you click on a month, you can see the days and weeks of that month. Click the arrows or scroll to change the month.
In the Gantt chart below, you'll see all the Tasks planned for that month.
- If you click on a week, you'll see the hours and days of that week. Click the arrows or scroll to change the week.
In the Gantt chart below, you'll also see all the Tasks planned for that week.
- If you click on a day, you'll see the hours of that day.
In the Gantt chart below, you'll also see all the Tasks planned for that day.
Find a time frame you want to save to this View? Use the Time Period feature and make that the default every time anyone opens that View.