In Ganttic, Single Project Views offer different ways to see your Project’s data. Choose exactly what elements are displayed via that View’s Visibility Settings. See how!
- All Owners and Admins can adjust the Visibility Settings for Single Project Views. Users with Change View settings permissions may as well.
- These settings are User-specific. Every user can create their own personalized View of the Project.
- To make a shareable View with specific Visibility Settings applied, create an Open-Access URL View. Share this with Users and Non-Users.
- Some Visibility Settings features must first be enabled globally via General Account Settings. These are noted below.
Adjusting the Visibility Settings for a Single Project View
- Choose a Project from the Project List to open as a Single Project View.
- Open the Visibility Settings from the View's toolbar. The Visibility Settings dialog will open.
- It will look as so:
- Select the Chart row height.
This will affect the height of the Resources' horizontal timelines on the Gantt chart. Compact is thinner, while with a Medium height, Resource Data Field values are visible below the Resource names.
- Next, choose whether you like Task dependencies displayed or not.
NB! Ensure that Task dependencies are enabled first in the General Settings.
- Decide what Taskbars look like when a Filter is applied. In Ganttic, Filtering means only relevant data is visible per View. Here you can choose what the Taskbars look like when they don’t meet Filtering criteria.
- Show placeholders with data - the default. See irrelevant Resources and grayed out Tasks (placeholders) with information.
- Show placeholders - only see grayed out placeholder Tasks with no data.
- Hide placeholders - hide irrelevant Tasks completely from the View.
- Choose which Resource availability option you’d like displayed. There’s different counter options for tracking the Resources’ loads. Only one can be applied at a time.
All of these availability counters are displayed next to the Resource’s name.
- Show utilization % - displays Resources’ load for the visible time period in percentages.
- Show available time - displays Resources’ available business hours for the visible time period.
- Show busy time - displays Resources’ scheduled business hours for the visible time period.
- Hide - this option will hide all the Resources' availability information entirely.
- Choose to display Resource Utilization Graphs and the Resource Group Utilization Graphs.
The Group Utilization Graph is displayed on the same row of the Resource Group’s name.
The Resource Utilization graph is above the Taskbars. They change color in accordance with the scheduled load.
NB! Ensure these are first enabled via the General Settings > Utilization.
- To apply any of the visibility parameters to the View permanently make sure to click on Apply and Save. Using the Apply option will apply the settings but they will be lost after next login or reload.
With plenty of visual planning options, Ganttic puts you in control of how planning is done and what the final outcome looks like. Discover some ways that visual planning helps with your project resource management.
Many of these Settings are important when you creating a resource capacity plan. See our in depth guide on putting one together with Ganttic.