The Project List is where all your Projects can be managed. The List provides an overview of all active or archived Projects that you can open, delete or archive in bulk. Project Data Fields can be added and managed here. See everything that can be done within Ganttic’s Project List.
- The Project List is an overview of your planner’s Project pool and a place to add, open, delete, or archive Projects individually or in bulk.
- All Owners and Admins can access and edit the Project List as well as access all Single Project Views (except for Private Project Views created by other Admins).
- All Users with at least Edit or Add/edit Projects permissions have access to the Project List and all the Project Views listed, unless specified otherwise via special project permissions.
- Project Data Fields can be used for filtering or sorting the Project List and can also be added from here.
- Project Notes can be read directly in the List.
- Projects deleted in the last 30 days can be restored via the List.
- The Project List can be switched over to Kanban view to manage the Projects by any user-defined List type Project Data Field value (status, deadline, managers etc).
Opening and Navigating Around the Project List
Open the Project List by clicking on the Project icon. You can find it on the left Sidebar.
You’ll see a complete list of Projects, their corresponding color, icons, Data Fields, date created, updates, and if there’s any Notes related to the Project. Active and Archived projects’ folders are available on the top right.
Project List is the default option for viewing your project pool. When switching between List and Kanban, the last used option remains applied for the User after the next login or reload. Toggle between Kanban and List at any time.
At the top of the List is the Project List Toolbar. From here you can:
- Toggle Between the List and Kanban Views
- Add new Projects
- Add and edit Project Data Fields
- See the Project History (only Owners and Admins)
- Toggle between Active/Archived Projects
- See the List of Project Templates
- See which Projects have been deleted in the past 30 days (only Owners and Admins)
Below the Toolbar are the Column Headers. These can be customized in a number of ways.
Change the Order of Project List Column.
Click on the column header and drag it to either the right or left.
Change the Width of Resource List Columns
Hover between the columns until a drag arrow cursor appears. Click and drag to stretch out the columns.
Organizing the Project List
You can also customize the order your Resources appear or filter some out completely.
Sort Projects by Data Fields.
- Click on the Data Field name in the Column Header you’d like to sort by.
- An arrow will appear. Click to sort from the beginning or the end.
Sort Projects by Project Colors
- Project colors are displayed on the left side of the page
- Click on top of the column to sort.
Filter Resources by Data Fields
- Click on the Data Field header at the top you’d like to sort by.
- Type in the criteria or select a value from the list (available only with List Data Fields)
NB! In the case of List type Data Fields, multiple selections are allowed. De-select a value any time.
Managing Projects from the Project List
Here's a few more things that can be done from Ganttic's Project List.
Open the Project Edit Dialog
By clicking on any Project you will open its Project Edit Dialog.
Bulk Deleting and Archiving
By clicking the Box next to the Project name, more options will appear in the Project List Toolbar. Choose if you want to Archive or Delete the Project. Or click the Box next to multiple Projects. Archive and Delete in Bulk.
Read Project Notes
Existing Notes can be read from the List without opening a Project Edit Dialog. You can also add and edit more Notes after clicking the Note icon.
NB! Blue icon indicates how many Notes are added in total for the selected Project. Red one indicates the number of unread Project Notes. Total number of Notes (blue icon) will be displayed all the time.