In Ganttic, Projects are a way to group, organize, and track a set of Tasks. You can add Projects using the left Sidebar, the Task Edit Dialog and from the Project List. Find out how!
- All Owners, Admins, and Users with Add/Edit Project permissions are able to add new Projects.
- You are able to add an unlimited number of Projects.
- Projects can be imported in bulk manually via a CSV file.
- There's three ways to add Projects in the Ganttic planner. These are described below.
Add a Project using the “Add New +” Icon
Since the + icon is visible at all times, it's a good option to quickly add a Project while you're not in the Project List or not scheduling or editing a Task.
- Click the Add New icon at the top of the left Sidebar.
- An additional menu will appear. Click the Project icon.
- A Project Edit Dialog will open.
- Enter the Project Name - this is a prerequisite field.
- Edit as needed. Add values to the Data Fields - these can be updated later as well. And choose a color for this Project.
- Once the Project details are defined, hit Save. This will take you to the Single Project View - here you can start to plan your Project’s Tasks and schedule the Resources.
Adding a Project from the Task Edit Dialog
If you happen to schedule a Task for a Resource and discover that the Project related to it is not yet in the system, you can add the Project straight from the Task Edit Dialog, while scheduling the Task.
NB! This workflow is possible only in Custom Views. In Single Project Views, Tasks are automatically assigned to that specific Project.
- Plan a new Task or open an existing one. You can do that by dragging and dropping a Task or clicking on one that’s already been created.
- The Task Edit Dialog will pop up.
- Click on the Project drop-down menu
- Select + Add New Project from the list.
- This will open a Project Edit Dialog.
- Enter the Project Name and Add/Edit Data fields related to your Project. And choose a color. Hit Save.
- You can find your Project in the Project List or if you group Resources by Projects.
Adding a Project from the Project List.
This option is the most suitable to use if you are adding your Projects for the first time, or if you need to see all the details (Data Field values, add or update dates etc) of new and existing Projects.
- Click on the Projects icon on the left Sidebar.
- The Project List will open up. Click on Add New from the toolbar at the top.
- This will open a Project Edit Dialog. Give the Project a Name, add Project Data Fields and fill in their values, set a color for the Project.
- Click on Save. Your Project will appear in the Project List. Click on its name to reopen the Project Edit Dialog. Or click the icon in front of the name to open it in a Single Project View.
We recommend adding Project Data Fields as an organizational tool and as a way to include more details about your project. Data Fields will open up more features such as Filtering and Grouping in Custom and Single Project Views. And can also lead you to more detailed Reporting.