The Task Edit Dialog is a quick and convenient way to edit any of your planner’s Tasks. Discover how to use it for customizing and updating Tasks.
- By clicking on any Task, the Task Edit Dialog window will pop open. It contains various editing and customization options for individual tasks.
- All Owners, Admins and Users with Resource Task add/edit permissions can edit Tasks.
- Resources and Projects also have similarly designed Dialogs available for editing.
- Click on a Task to open the Task Edit Dialog. In the Dialog toolbar you’ll see icons from left to right:
- Save as copy - create a copy of the selected Task
- Split task - a way to separate a task into multiple Tasks
- Delete task - deletes the Task from the timeline
- Task resources - a rundown of who’s assigned to the task and a way to unassign it from a resource.
- Task dependencies - Task relationships for fixing their order on the timeline
- Used time - manually insert how much time time it took to complete the Task (or part of the task)
- Task notes - a platform for collaboration and commenting
- Task history - a log of all actions applied to this specific Task
- Task Data Fields - a way to add custom information to tasks (i.e. status, budget, etc.)
- In the Dialog itself you can change the Task’s Name and Color.
- Decide if you want the Task to be part of a larger Project. Or left as a standalone. Here you may choose a Project from the dropdown.
- Edit the Task Timing options. Decide on your default options under General Settings > Task Timing.
- Task Start time - date and time when the task starts
- Task End time - date and time when a task should be completed
- Task Utilization - the percentage of resource’s capacity used for a task
- Task Busy time - the actual working time in which a resource could finish the task - these can be globally applied across the planner or specified per Resource.
- Duration - Task length in Calendar time (days, hours, or minutes)
- Task Data Fields may also be added or updated.
NB! Data Fields with a * are mandatory and may not be left blank.
- Once the Task is edited, hit Save.
Data Fields can be added to Resources, Tasks, and Projects and are a convenient method to match the best Resource to the job - see some more tips on their use. You can also explore a few ways that splitting Tasks can make scheduling better.