When scheduling jobs for Resources, copying Tasks can help speed up the process. When copying a Task, you’ll get the same parameter, but with the freedom to change some details. Find out about copying Tasks in Ganttic.
- All Owners, Admins, and Users with Resource Task edit rights can copy Tasks.
- The original and copied Tasks are not linked. Changing details or deleting the copied Task will not affect the original one and vice versa.
- When copying a Task, the new Task will be placed under the original Task.
- It will have identical parameters as the original one - including the Title, Dates and Times and other Task Timing parameters, Data Fields, etc. These can be adjusted for the copied Task.
- Copied Tasks are handy if you schedule the Tasks with similar parameters for different Projects or Resources.
- If you want the exact same Task to occur at regular intervals - try Recurring Tasks.
- If you want to use all the Project's Tasks with a new Project - try Project Templates.
Copy a Task
- Click on a Task. This will open the Task Edit Dialog.
- Click Save as copy in the toolbar.
- A new Task will appear under the initial one, on the Resource’s timeline
- Change the copied Task if desired. You can change the Name, Project, Utilization, Data Field values etc. Just click the new one to open its Task Edit Dialog.
- Click Save once you are done.
- Drag and drop it to the Resource's timeline you want it to be assigned to.
Copying Tasks is a good function if you schedule the same Tasks for different Projects - and you don't need the actual Task to recur, but you need the same thing to happen for a different Project. To have the same Task occur at set intervals, try Recurring Tasks.
It’s one of many ways to create a project schedule in Ganttic. Read a few more tips that will help speed up the project scheduling process.