Ganttic’s Project Capacity Graphs give an instant overview of when things are happening during the span of your Projects. Acting as a resource heatmap for the whole project portfolio. See how!
- Ensure that Resource Utilization is switched On for the Account from General Settings. Only Owners and Admins may enable/disable this.
- To see these Graphs, Project Tasks must first be scheduled.
- These Graphs are calculated using the Project’s Resource Utilization for any given date.
- Utilization Graphs are View-specific. Turn them on via the View Visibility Settings.
Applying Project Capacity Graphs
- Switch Resource Utilization On in the Settings > Utilization.
NB! This can only be done if you have Admin or Owner.
- Click the View List to select a View. Open a Custom View.
- In the Custom View, open Visibility Settings. Tick Show resource group utilization graph. Hit Apply and Save.
- Open Resource grouping from the View’s toolbar.
- Choose Projects as the way to group Resources. Click Apply and Save.
- In the View, you’ll see the Projects’ Resource Utilization Graphs.
Project Resource Utilization Graphs can be used to estimate the overall workload of your portfolio’s Resources. Discover some more ways to optimize your project portfolio management practices with our guides on resource capacity planning and utilization tracking.