Sometimes it's best to manage different business units or sets of Resources and Projects with separate Ganttic accounts. Or, if your corporation has more than one Ganttic account and you would like to manage payments for all of them, then you would like to access them all using one and the same login credentials. The multi-account access feature allows you to invite existing Ganttic users to other accounts as well as to get access to multiple accounts yourself. See how!
- Only account Owners and Administrators have the ability to invite existing Ganttic Users, Owners and Admins to have access to another Ganttic account with the same login credentials.
- Existing Ganttic users can be invited to another account as Users (limited) or Administrators (full access).
- There's no need to specify the password for the invited existing User. The User can use the same credentials to access this account.
- Invited Users can be assigned to User Groups, doing so will automatically apply that Group’s Rights.
- If the invited existing Ganttic User is not assigned to a User Group, then the default item permissions (Add/Edit permissions for Views, Reports, Projects, Resources, Data Fields) will be applied. These can be changed by Owners and Administrators later. All Users invited as Admins will have full access.
- The User must accept the invitation via inbox. During this process the User will be signed into the account. The User is then able to switch between accounts via the Switch Account menu on the top right.
- The menu will display account names under the Switch Account section. Make sure you have one assigned via General Settings.
- The Invite Users feature can also be used to add new Ganttic Users in bulk.
Before You Start: User Types
Please go through the Helpdesk article Users and Permissions Intro to get to know the level of access of different types of Users.
Inviting an Existing User
- Click on Users from the left Sidebar. This will open the list of existing Users.
- Click on Invite Users. This will open the invite options.
- Select the User type and assign the User to a User Group (Users only, optional).
NB! Assigning a User to a User Group will automatically apply group rights. If the invited existing Ganttic User is not assigned to a User Group then the default item permissions (Add/Edit permissions for Views, Reports, Projects, Resources, Data Fields) will be applied. These can be changed by Owners and Administrators later. All Users invited as Admins will have full access.
- Insert the email of the existing User below and click on Send Invitation.
NB! Multiple existing users can be added at once.
- The system will perform a check if the email address added is already being used by an existing Ganttic user. A message will be displayed explaining this.
NB! It’s not possible to manage the passwords of Users with existing accounts.
- Click on Invite All. The invitation is sent to the specified email address. The recipient must accept the invitation via inbox before being able to switch between multiple accounts.
Switching Between Multiple Accounts
- Click on the account name on top right.
- Select the account you want to access from the Switch Account section.
NB! The menu will display account names under the Switch Account section. Make sure you have one assigned via General Settings.