In Ganttic, Users are those who interact with the planner. Each account can have an unlimited number of Users for no additional fee. Meaning you shouldn’t be afraid of adding anyone to your account who could benefit from seeing the resource plan. See how to connect your team, freelancers for specific projects, clients, and more by adding them as Users to Ganttic.
- Only Owners and Admins can add new Users to their Ganttic accounts.
- Users are not Resources. The same person can be a User and a Resource, but you must add the User and the Resource separately.
- Users’ Rights can be specified for all the main features (Views, Reports, Projects, Resources, Data Fields), allowing you to control what they can see, interact with, and change in your account. User Groups are an additional way to grant certain rights in bulk.
- Looking to add lots of new Users? Or even Users from other Ganttic accounts? Use the Invite Users function to invite multiple Users at once.
Before You Begin: User Types
Before you add a new User to your account, it’s important to understand the differences between the User types in Ganttic.
There are 3 types:
- Owners can access all areas, items and functions of the system, including the Account page to manage the subscription and billing details.
- Administrators can access all areas, items and functions of the system by default, except for the Account Page.
- Users have to be given rights to see, add, or edit selected items (Resources, Tasks, Reports, Data Fields, Views) or to access non-public Views.
The ability to add other Users works top-down based on the type. Owners can add any type, including other Owners. Admins can add other Admins, as well as Users.
Adding New Users
- Open the Users section. You can find it on the left Sidebar near the bottom. The User List will open.
- At the top of the List, click on Add new. The User data section will open.
- Fill in the details about the User.
- Add a Profile icon (optional). Images should be 80x80 pixels.
- Enter first and last name (mandatory).
- Enter email address (mandatory). That's the email they will have to use for logging in. The email can't be connected to any other accounts in Ganttic, it has to be a unique one.
- Select a time zone (optional). All Users can have different time zones. Planned Tasks will be displayed accordingly.
- Select User type (optional). Owners can add any other user type, including other Owners. Admins can add other Admins or Users.
- Add a User to a User Group if desired. This gives a shorthand for granting different planner rights (Access to Views, Resource or Task edit rights, etc.). Only Users can be added to a User group.
NB! User Groups can be made from Projects or Data Fields. Find out more about creating and utilizing User Groups.
- Click Save when complete.
User Already Exists Alert
If you’re adding new Users to Ganttic, it’s possible that the following message is displayed:
This means that you cannot add that User directly to the account since they have already made a Ganttic account. To fix this, there’s 3 options:
- Send them an Invite. They’ll immediately get an email requesting that they join your account.
- Ask the User that they delete their old account. Once the old email is deleted, they can join.
- Write to us at Support and we can try and help.
Want to add multiple Users at the same time? Try inviting Users instead. This function is a way to bulk invite dozens or even hundreds of Users in one-go. Check it out!