User Groups are a handy way to apply different Ganttic planning Rights to multiple users at once. Choose exactly what the Group can or cannot see and edit in your Ganttic account, saving you the hassle of defining rights for each individual User. See how to create a User Group, define its Rights, and add Users for secure consistency across your resource planner.
- Only Admins and Owners can create User Groups, add and remove Users from these groups, and specify the Group Rights.
- Any User's Rights specified before assigning them to a User group, will be overridden by Group Rights.
- If a User is removed from a User group, the Group’s Rights will remain active. Change the Rights for the User manually if needed.
Creating a User Group
- Open the Users section. You can find it on the left Sidebar near the bottom.
- Click on the User groups tab in the top right corner. This will open the User Group List.
- Click Add new to create a new User Group. The User Group's Permissions section will open.
- Give the User Group a name.
Tip! User Groups can be based on anything! Popular options include roles (managers, supervisors, etc), department, and location.
- Hit Save. After doing so, the Rights’ tabs on the left will activate.
- Specify the Group’s Rights as needed - choose from Custom Views, Reports, Projects Resources, and Data Fields.
- Hit Save for each Right that’s configured.
- Click the back arrow to return to the User Groups List.
Adding Users to User Groups
Once your User Group is created you can begin assigning Users to it.
- Navigate back to the User List via the Users tab in the right corner.
- Click the User you want to add to the Group.
NB! You can only add Users - not other Admins or Owners.
- In the User Data section, find the User group field. Click and choose your Group from the drop down menu.
- Hit Save.
- That User will be in the User Group.
NB! If there weren’t any Rights specified for that User previously, they will now take on the Rights of the User Group. Any additional Rights outlined for that User previously will be overridden that of the Group.
Read some more benefits for User Groups and granting Rights in bulk.