Users' Data Field rights are a way to control exactly which Resource, Project and Task Data Fields the User can see across the planner, as well as for which ones the User can add/select new values. Acting as a secure way to protect your custom Data Field information from any unwanted access and changes. See how!
- Only Owners and Administrators have the ability to modify Users' Data Field permissions.
- General Data Field permissions may only be specified for individual Users. Owners and Admins can automatically see all Resources', Projects' and Tasks' Data Fields and create new ones.
- Select between three Data Field permissions: hide, read, edit.
- It’s also possible to create User Groups and specify Data Field and other item rights for the Group. Assigning a User to a User Group will automatically apply group rights.
Before You Start: User Types
Data Field rights may only be specified for Users. If you see that Data Field rights are grayed out and inaccessible for you to specify, it’s due to their User type. Please go through the Helpdesk article Users and Permissions Intro to get to know the level of access of different types of Users.
Specifying Data Field Rights for Users
Click on Users from the left sidebar. This will open the User List.
- Click on the User's name whose rights you’d like to specify. This will open their User profile.
Select Data Field Rights from the menu on the left.
Specify the User’s Data Field permissions for Tasks, Resources and Projects. Choose from the following options:
- Hide. Hides the entire Data Field with selected/added values across the account.
- Read. The User is only able to view the Data Field and selected value across the account, but is not able to add/select new values.
- Edit. The User is able to view the Data Field and selected value and select/add new values.
- Click on Save Data Field Rights.