Project permissions are a way to control exactly who can edit or even view your planner’s Projects. Acting as a secure way to protect your plans from any unwanted changes. See how!
- Only Owners and Administrators have the ability to modify Project permissions/rights.
- A Project’s permissions may only be specified for Users. Owners and Admins are automatically granted full rights.
- Project editing permissions of a specific Project overrides the general Project editing permissions explained in this article.
- Users must also have proper Resource rights to edit the Tasks of Resources assigned to this Project.
- Rights are granted for each individual User. It’s possible to also create and grant rights to User Groups.
Before You Start
Project rights may only be specified for Users. If you see that Project rights are grayed out and inaccessible for you to specify, it’s due to their User type. Please go through the Helpdesk article Users and Permissions Intro to get to know the level of access of different types of Users.
Specifying Project Rights for Users
- Click on Users from the left sidebar. This will open the User List.
- Click on the User's name whose rights you’d like to specify. This will open their User profile.
- Select Project Rights from the menu on the left.
- Specify that User’s permissions regarding Project Data. Choose from the following:
- Hide Project details. The User can open Single Project Views but the Project's details (Project Edit Dialog along all Data Fields' information, Project Resources and Tasks) are hidden. The names of the Projects can be seen under the Project List.
- Read Projects. Project's details can be viewed but the User cannot edit them. To see the specific Project details open it in the Single Project View.
- Edit Projects. The User can view as well as edit the Project's details.
- Add and Edit projects. The User can add new Projects, edit and view existing Projects' details.
- Specify the User’s permissions regarding Projects’ Task Data. Choose from the following:
- Project and resource permissions must be granted - Default. Whether the User has the ability to see or edit any Project’s Tasks, Project and Resource rights must first be specified.
- Permissions are granted by project - Project based rights (outlined here) overrides User's Resource's Tasks rights.
- Permissions are granted by resource - Resource rights will ultimately override Project based permissions.
- Click Save Project rights to apply the permissions.