For every single Single Project View you create in Ganttic, you not only decide what Project data is visible (all, nothing, or something in between), how it is visible (filters, groups, colors etc), but also who it’s visible to. The View’s Permissions allow you to create a new View that’s strictly private, public, or available only to specific Users. See how!
- Only Owners and Admins can change Single Project View Permissions.
- Every Single Project View has three modes: Private, Public, Selected Users.
- When creating a new Project, the Single Project View is Public by default. In order to make it private or available to selected users, change the View’s permissions to Private or Selected Users.
- Public Single Project Views and those shared with Select Users can be Locked. This prevents other Users from making permanent changes to the View via View Toolbar features (Grouping, Sorting, Coloring, Filtering, etc).
- In addition to the View’s specific permissions, it’s possible to apply account level User Rights for Custom Views, as well as its Projects, Resources and Data Fields.
- Via User's account level rights for Projects' Task Data it is possible to specify which permissions are primary - Single Project View level permissions explained in this article, User's account level permissions for Resources' Tasks, or if both Resources' Task and Single Project View rights must be specified (default).
Applying Permissions to a Single Project View
- Open a Single Project View. You’ll find the Project List at the folder icon on the left Sidebar. Select multiple or open a selected Single Project View.
- Once the Single Project View opens, click on the Project Permissions icon at the top right, next to the Share icon.
- Select the Single Project View’s Permissions from one of two options
- Public - the Single Project View is accessible to all the Owners, Admins and Users. This automatically gives all Admins and Owners the option to apply permanent View Toolbar settings to this View. For Users, specify the level of access for Single Project Views under User's Project rights settings
- Selected Users - choose the Users you want accessing this Single Project View.
- If you want Share this Single Project View with selected Users, click on the Select users prompt. This will open the list of active Ganttic Users.
- Tick the box next to the Users’ name. Then hit Select at the top. You’ll return to the View’s Permissions dialog. From here you can also remove Users with access to the View.
- Hit Save when your selection is completed.
- You are now back on the Single Project View's main window. The View's permissions will be displayed in the top right corner.
See how Custom View sharing permissions work and look up what kind of rights your Users have over all the Custom Views in the planner.