Ganttic’s Time Off feature is a way to block out a certain time period for Resources without affecting actual Resource workload or Busy Time. Use it to schedule vacation time and leave, company-wide events, scheduled maintenance for machines, or short breaks for staff (out of office, lunch, sick leave, etc.).
- All Owners, Admins and Users with Resource Task add/edit rights can schedule Time off.
- Time Off will block off time for individual Resources, while All Resources’ Time Off affects the entire Resource pool.
- This feature is full-day by default, but can be used to book shorter breaks as well.
- Neither Time Off option will affect Resource Busy Time, but does limit a Resource’s availability - as such its use may affect Available Time and Utilization calculations.
Scheduling Time Off for Individual Resources
- Start by creating a new Task for a Resource. Below the Name field, select Time Off.
- Add a Name and change the Start and End dates as needed.
- Time Off is full-day by default. Change this by unchecking the All day option.
- When editing is complete, click Save.
- Time off will appear in the planner. You can change the color and transparency from General Settings > Coloring.
- Hover over the scheduled Time Off to see the Name when in the Gantt chart.
Scheduling Time Off for All Resources
- Schedule a new Task and select All Resources’ Time Off below the Name field.
- Add a Name and check the Timing options. Add and edit any Task Data Fields you need. Remember to click Save upon completion.
- In the Gantt chart, you’ll see that Time Off will be applied to all your Resources automatically
- Change the color and transparency under General Settings > Coloring.
Additional Functions with Time Off
Creating Time Off for Multiple Resources
If scheduling Time off for more than one resource, but less than everyone, see how to assign it to multiple resources in one go.
Recurring Time Off
By clicking on the Repeat box, you can set the frequency and duration for recurring Time Off. For example, if you have daily standup meetings, setting it to Repeat is an easy way to “set it and forget it!”
Time Off Use Cases
- Use this feature to create your own company-wide events – such as a conference or an office party.
- Time Off can help you plan team-building activities, book short excursions or training.
- Choose Repeat to quickly book recurring meetings such as daily standups.
- Use it for any kind of personal leave, vacation time, parental leave, sick leave, or for short times when staff are out of office, at lunch, etc.
- For non-human resources, Time Off is a simple way to schedule downtime or periods for maintenance or repairs.
- Using Reports, you can get a rundown of all the Holiday time your team members take. Making this a convenient vacation tracker.
Adding Time Off to the plans is a great way to plan your staff’s vacations, especially when summer rolls around. Help give team members the break they need, without interfering with the project schedule. And since taking a vacation can add a boost to productivity, your refreshed team will come back better than before.
And for more ways on scheduling holidays, check out how to easily bulk import country-specific bank and public holidays. Super useful when managing project teams located around the world.
Time Off can be included or excluded from Reports. Alternatively, it’s possible to build Holiday and Time Off only Reports.