In Ganttic, a Resource’s Work-time is the actual time they are available to be scheduled- including business hours, days, and public holidays of the country they’re located in. Since this might differ across the resource pool, it’s possible to configure this on an individual level. See how to customize Work-time and import public holidays for individual Resources.
- These settings help specify the times individual Resources are available and are handy for global teams.
- All Owners, Admins and Users with View or Add/Edit Resource tasks rights can edit Resource Worktime Settings and Bank Holidays.
- Resource-specific business days and hours override Worktime from the General Settings.
- Imported Resource-specific public holidays can override account level public holidays.
- Click on the Resource to open its Resource Edit Dialog.
- In the Dialog toolbar, click on Work-time settings.
- Select Business Days for the Resource. You can do that by toggling the switches.
- Set Business Hours.
Tip! You can add breaks and lunch breaks here. This is also useful to set working hours for shift-based planning.
- Click Save upon completion. To revert back to your default settings, unclick the box override account worktime settings.
Resource-Specific Public Holidays
- From the Resource Edit Dialog click on Worktime settings
- Under Public Holidays, select the country from the list of which Holidays you want to import.
NB! If general account Bank Holidays are already imported then you have to delete them from the selected Resource's timeline before being able to import Resource-specific Bank Holidays.
- Hit Add holidays. Confirm the action in the pop up.
- The import might take a few seconds. A confirmation message will be displayed when complete. Reload the application.
- Your Holidays will be displayed for that Resource.
Knowing when your team’s available is the first step to managing better virtual teams. Read some more tips here on how Ganttic can help you keep track of your dispersed resource pools.