Your team is able to add Notes to each Resource to describe changes made or comment on issues. Learn more about Resource Notes and how to add them.
- All Owners, Admins and Users with View or Add/edit Resource rights are able to add and read all Notes.
- Notes cannot be edited. Only Admins and Owners are able to delete Notes.
- Access Notes via the Resource Edit Dialog or from the Resource List.
- Notes can also be added for Tasks and Projects.
Resource Notes in Ganttic
You’ll find all your Resource Notes on the Resource List. They are represented by a numbered circle next to the Resource name.
- The red icon indicates an unread Note - the number here is the amount of unread Notes.
- Blue indicates that the Note has been read - the number here is the total amount of Notes
- From the Resource List, click on the Note icon to read or add Notes.
NB! If the Note is added by you, the color will appear blue to you. Rest assured other users will see it as red!
If you open any Resource Edit Dialog you’ll see if and how many Notes have been added to that individual Resource. From here, no indication is made if the Notes are read or unread, but you can see the Note total.
Add Notes to Resources
- Click on a Resource to open its Resource Edit Dialog. Click on the Notes icon in the Dialog toolbar.
From the Resource List click the Note icon.
- Type your text into the text-box and hit Add note
- Once added, you can see it on the right along with the date and time the Note was made.
Notes cannot be edited once added. Owners and Admins can however delete Notes. Just click the ellipsis next to the Note and hit Delete Note.
Adding Notes is a great way to collaborate with other users on issues. Notes can also be added to Tasks and Projects. And if changes occur to a Resource’s Task, a nice way to keep everyone informed is through Notes. You can even activate email Notifications for any newly added Notes to a Resource’s Task.