By synchronizing your Ganttic resource planner with your Outlook Calendar, it’s easy to stay updated, even on the go. Manage your team without making them sign in to Ganttic. Or get a clear picture of all upcoming scheduled work and personal commitments. Here’s how to enable an automated sync between Outlook Calendar and Ganttic.
- All Owners and Admins can activate the sync for all Resources. Users can activate the sync for Resources they have View or Add/Edit rights for.
- The sync is Resource specific - all Tasks on selected Resources' timelines can be synced to a selected Outlook Calendar and vice versa.
- It’s possible to only sync data to Outlook calendars you have access to.
- The sync can be one-way or two-way. You can choose the direction of the sync as well as the data you want to bring over for each direction.
- Depending on the sync, Outlook’s events will become Ganttic Tasks/Projects or vice versa. This sync does not currently support Data Fields and Notes.
- The sync feature only works with online Office 365 email/calendar accounts.
- The sync will be terminated with an Outlook password change. Imported past data is limited to 1 month. This limitation is not applied to future items.
Start Syncing to Outlook Calendars
The sync feature only works with online Office 365 email/calendar accounts. MS Exchange connection is currently not supported.
- Click on the name of the Resource you want to start the sync for. This will open the Resource Edit Dialog.
- Click on the Calendar synchronization icon and select Outlook Calendar from the toolbar.
- Select the Synchronization direction and the data. You can choose between a one-way or two-way sync. It is possible to edit sync direction and data options later from the same section.
- Outlook Calendar ↔ Ganttic - A two-way sync where all new Tasks will automatically appear in Ganttic when created in Outlook Calendar, and vice versa.
- Outlook Calendar → Ganttic - One-way sync where all new Tasks made in Outlook Calendar will appear in Ganttic
- Ganttic → Outlook Calendar - A new Task will appear automatically in Outlook Calendar when one is created in Ganttic with this one-way sync.
- Click on Save sync settings and then Start sync. This will open Outlook's permissions page.
NB! You must have administrator's rights to access these options. Outlook will ask you to grant Ganttic rights to access your calendar. Make sure you are logged in to your Outlook account.
- Click on Yes. This will open the list of Outlook Calendars you have access to.
- Select a calendar from the list and click Start sync. Only one can be selected at a time. After this you will be directed back to Ganttic.
NB! Ganttic’s Task and Project names will both show up as Event titles in Outlook Calendar. Outlook meeting invitations added as calendar entries cannot be synchronized.
- You can spot your synced Resources from the View’s Gantt chart. A green triangle will be visible to the left of the Resource’s name.
Stop Syncing to Outlook Calendars
Your sync will be terminated upon an Outlook password change. So, if you periodically have to change your Outlook password for security reasons, then stop the sync prior to that and reactivate it afterwards. Just follow these directions.
- Click on the Resource name you want to stop the sync for. This will open the Resource Edit Dialog.
- Click on the Calendar synchronization icon from the toolbar.
- Click Stop sync and OK to confirm.
NB! Items already imported via the sync feature will remain there in both platforms as only new items added won't be synced.
Sync to Google Calendars instead or use Ganttic's Calendar and Agenda View.