Your team is able to add Notes to each Task. Use them to describe changes or comment on issues. Learn more about adding, viewing, and using Task Notes.
- All Owners, Admins, and Users with add/edit Resource Tasks permissions can add Task Notes.
- Notes cannot be edited. Only Owners and Admins are able to delete Notes.
- Deleted Notes cannot be restored.
- Access Notes via the Task Edit Dialog or from the Note Icon shortcut on the Taskbar (it must be enabled for the Taskbar from Settings > Taskbar > Note Icon).
- Notes can also be added for Resources and Projects.
Seeing Task Notes in Ganttic
You’ll see all your Task Notes on the Taskbar. They are represented by a numbered circle in the upper left corner of the Taskbar.
- The red icon indicates an unread Note - the number here is the amount of unread Notes. Once the Note is read, it will turn blue.
- Blue indicates that the Note has been read - the number here is the total amount of Notes
- Click on the Note icon to read or add Notes.
- The Note total (blue notification) can be switched off via Settings > Taskbar > Note icon.
- New Notes counter (red notification) cannot be disabled.
NB! If the Note is added by you, the color will appear blue to you. Rest assured other users will see it as red!
From the Task Edit Dialog, you can see if any Notes have been added in the icon in the toolbar. No indication is given whether they are read/unread. The number here reflects the total number of Task Notes.
Add Notes to Tasks
- Click on a Task. This will open the Task Edit Dialog.
- Click on Notes in the Dialog toolbar.
- Type your text into the text-box and hit Add note.
- Once added, you can see it on the right along with the date and time the Note was added.
Notes cannot be edited once added. Owners and Admins can however delete Notes. Just click the ellipsis next to the Note and hit Delete Note. Deleted notes cannot be recovered.
- You can use Notes to comment on Task issues, but they can also be used for more positive encouragement. Let your teammates know what a good job they did to help give them a final push to complete the Task.
- It is possible to activate email notifications for Notes added to Resource's Tasks.
- Notes are not available for Reports. If you need to get Notes to the Reports, then use Text type Task Data Fields instead.