Adding resources is the first step in setting up your Ganttic planner. There’s 2 ways to add a new resource, both of which we’ll explain step-by-step.
- Resources are any bookable entity - people, vehicles, machinery, facilities, etc.
- All Owners and Admins can add new Resources. As well as Users with Resource Task add/edit rights.
- The number of Resources you’re able to add is based on your Ganttic Subscription Plan. The plan can be upgraded or downgraded at any time based on the total Resource count.
- Resources can be imported in bulk manually via a CSV file.
Add Resources from the Resource List
- Click the Resources icon. This will open up the Resource List.
- Click Add new at the top, the Resource Edit Dialog will open.
- Enter in the Resource’s Name - this may be a person’s name, the serial number of a computer, a license plate number, etc. This is a prerequisite field.
- Optionally, hit the plus sign to add an Icon as well. The Icon can be one of the icons included with Ganttic or you can upload your own image. The uploaded image will be resized automatically. This makes it easier to identify the Resource in the planner.
- From here, you can also choose a color to represent this Resource.
Tip! Resource Colors can be used for color coding plans.
- Hit Save. And your Resource will appear in the Resource List and in your Views.
Add Resources from a View
Even if you’re in the thick of scheduling, you can add new Resources at any time for some extra capacity.
- Click the Add New icon at the top of the left sidebar.
- A small menu will open. Click the Resource icon.
- A Resource Edit Dialog will open. Edit the Name, icon, and color as described above.
- Hit Save. Your new Resource will appear in the View.
Once your Resources are added, you begin to open up all other functionality in Ganttic. Before you begin scheduling tasks however, we recommend further editing details specific to resources and defining who’s who and what’s what with Resource data fields. This will make it simpler to start booking the right resource for the job.